Tuesday, December 7, 2010

My passion for educating with humor to nourish the soul dovetails perfectly with being a Goddess with Athena's Home Novelties. I was aware that I loved to teach, and that people loved learning from me. I know I love making people laugh, and have always had a little dream in the back of my head about being a standup comedian. If I'm more earnest and less funny when I'm writing here, it's because I want to be acurate and thorough.

Here's something I think will resonate with you, dear audience. Masturbation is a healthy habit, and I feel like learning one's body is the only way to let anyone else know what you like. I encourage parents to make sure that somebody tells their kids that it's ok to do this fun activity, as long as they are responsible with it. (privacy, discretion, and good hygiene before and after are crucial, after all) We can help another generation ease into their teen years, but what about us? The adults? I think with the lack of privacy that comes with any roomates (children or other adults), masturbation becomes one more thing to find time for, if we even think of it. When I travel, I always bring a couple of "extra friends" along. I always sleep alone, so I relish the extra time and privacy with my "travel tools". (I prefer euphemisms, but I am talking about the products that I sell at parties - "sex toys" is commonly used to describe them.)
More parents are finding time in the shower to relieve their sexual needs - together and alone. I sell more water-resistant lubricant when I mention that solo play is easier with silicone-based lubricant (Wet Platinum! yeah!). The "Sex in the Shower" handles by Sportsheets are great for couples and solo play as well, depending on who is using what for gratification. What I'm hoping to offer is another respite for the busy person who is remembering, "oh, right, I need to keep using my bits to keep them healthy!" And the rest of us who just want another variation. (By the way, I sell many waterproof vibrators, for a recommendation please contact me at goddess.maria@gmail.com with the subject line "waterproof")
Would you like to remain able to hold in your bladder as you age? The pubococcygeal muscles
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pubococcygeus_muscle) in our body need to be exercised just like all the muscles in our bodies. (I'm a licensed massage therapist, trust me, excercise.) Sneezing and coughing should not be able to make us release urine, but atrophied muscles will let it happen. Kegel excercises can help keep our muscles strong, but orgasms (and the activities that lead up to orgasms) work very nicely, too. Orgasms also release endorphins that make us feel good longer than the orgasm itself lasts. (that might sound incredible to those of us who have experienced the 45 minute orgasm....)

Please take time out for yourself, and masturbate! And feel really good about taking a healthy moment for yourself!

Love,
your Goddess


Dear Goddess,

I was blessed with a strong libido, and a partner with a strong libido. I've still only had weak, fluttering orgasms. (We're both women, if that makes a difference.) I have made myself have stronger orgasms, but only with a vibration, and she's not really into toys for herself, although she would not mind using something on me. Any tips on this? It's no crisis, but we'd like to make me pass out some nights instead of it always being her! Thanks! Cristy in San Jose, CA

Hi Cristy,

You may want to mix it up - it's great that you have a partner who is not intimidated by tools - and you definitely want to talk about this before you hit the bedroom to play. More external play beforehand - less about the clitoral stimulation and more about the whole vulval area (and the rest of you!!!) - could get your whole area aroused, making orgasm easier later on. Also, why stop at one, "weak, fluttering" orgasm? If you're not TOO sensitive afterwards, keep going!
You may want to try different techniques and different stimulators to see what works. Also, some positions work well - look up "grinding" and "scissors", which can definitely work for creating orgasmic friction. It doesn't have to be clinical - just if your partner hears you sigh like you love it, they can keep doing that for a while longer. Also, masturbate differently once in a while to see if you find something someone else can do for you. I suggest that you look at workshops to take around this, since you're in a great area to do that. (I love that area!) Good luck, Cristy!

Have a question? I have an answer! Goddess.maria@gmail.com is my address

Thank you for reading! Random thoughts posted at my Twitter page : www.twitter.com/thegoddessmaria

2 comments:

  1. Grzech tu był i ucztę spożył.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google said that the translation from Polish to English is "sin was here and ate a feast". If that's right, I love it! My first public heckle??? Right on!

    ReplyDelete